Just bookmarking for myself. I don't think I'll read all of them, most probably I'll just wait for the shorlist and read those before the announcement.
If reading Iliad once is not enough, here's a review of different translations. I've read Robert Fagles' but somehow I'm tempted to try reading the others. I'm especially tempted to search for Barry B. Powell which was reviewed here
I’ve just had a fruitful visit to library so time to do a show post. I’ve actually had half of them for a while so I’d need to return them this weekend:
- Beginning runner book - I’m in 4th week and feeling good.
- Hidden poem book - totally neglected, sometimes it just happen that way
- Seduction & betrayal - great essays book on women and literature, I want to re-read the last chapter before returning
- Lifetime Reading Plan - i just wanted to check if it’s a book I’d want to buy, maybe not
Last night’s haul:
- Laluba - short stories compilation from my favorite indonesian writer
- Rilke - I have his german poetry collection but this one have english translation next to each poem so would be good
- A tour of senses - halfway work related, need to understand more about human perception
- Mad world - was looking for graham greene’s bio but found his contemporary Evelyn Waugh instead. Brideshead has some golden moment for me so should be intetesting
sometimes it takes just the smallest thing to turn me off from reading a book. I'm sure it's really silly & stupid of me and I probably missed a lot of good stories just because of this tick. But who cares, I refuse to read a book w/ characters called Aristotle and Dante.