chatgarou

Books etc.

pretty much all kind of books, stories, whatever
Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded - Simon Winchester I'm not really sure what I think about this. I don't mind him going all over the place zig-zaging subject to explain about Krakatoa, but despite his diverse angles on this subject I feel there's something missing on it.There's also this ghost of a smirk I kept on seeing each time he's talking about us, the indigenous people of these troubled islands; especially when he mentioned about the independence day and our fatalistic acceptance of whatever happen to us. The second point I myself believe to be true, but pray, how did he got into that conclusion himself? Was it flustered to him by his friend who guided him on his visits here? Somehow I have a feeling that he lacked an exposure to Indonesian people during his research. To jump on to next subject I actually wondered how much attention was given by our own scientist to Krakatau. Reading this book it looks as if the answer would be between none and the bare necessity.… This would've made me very sad indeed. Fellow Indonesiam, any clue on the real condition?