chatgarou

Books etc.

pretty much all kind of books, stories, whatever
The Getaway Car: A Practical Memoir About Writing and Life - Ann Patchett I think I found out about Patchett from reviews of her book [b:Bel Canto|5826|Bel Canto|Ann Patchett|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352997328s/5826.jpg|859342] on Goodreads. Funnily the reviews for that book actually makes me wary of it and strike it out from considered to read list. Then there's another review about her memoir which made me even more wary of her. But then this is her book about writing and I risked it.Having read it, I'm not sure I'll read her other books. I've read some other book about writing from other author and although this one is not necessarily bad, it's not the most interesting. It's just rather bland for me and her statement that she has only one main scheme for all her other books (something about having strangers cooped up in a place & see what happen) doesn't really entice. Good thing it's really short and it emphasize that the difference between writer and wanna-be-writer is how much effort they invest on writing and not necessarily talent or abundance of good ideas.